Monday, February 26, 2007

No Spitting No Scratching


I'm relief pitching for Eric once a month as he takes a much needed break from writing The Link Week column on Search Engine Land and today was my first time up. My topic was more of a safe bunt than strong hit but hey, you gotta start somewhere right?

Anyone who blogs on a regular basis knows how hard it is to come up with fresh ideas and captivating posts that haven't been written to death. I think it's even harder with link building since so many people talk and speculate about it ad nauseum. I don't like reguritation posts and "me too" comments so I try to pop on here when I feel like I have something to contribute other than white noise.

Which apparantely isn't often as I'm also of the opinion that while there are foundational and some advanced tactics, there really aren't a ton of linking techniques outside of what you hear about. The "advanced" stuff usually involves more redirects, clever 3-ways and content scraping/generators. What you give up in 'white hat tedium' you make up for in burn and churn redesign so in the end, it's a wash.

No comments: